Friday, December 7, 2012

ICMP OS Fingerprinting

Interesting, this was in draft form, not sure how long it has been here, nor where I was going, but here it is as I left it.....

Quite honestly I thought ICMP based OS Fingerprinting was dead and had been for years now that almost all OS's default to running a firewall! I was quite surprised to see that NetScanTools Pro has an option in it to still do this.

Happened to pick up an article from Laura Chappell, which had a link to this quicktime audio: http://www.screencast.com/users/laurachappell/folders/Media%20Roll/media/75047d06-2801-49b7-87d3-0e41a3abd500

I really hate installing software that installs half a dozen other pieces of software (such as C++ Redistributable, I mean I understand why, but it just drives me nuts, I miss all inclusive programs)

No comments: